Friday, May 30, 2008

Jack


People back home constantly ask me if I am lonely. I usually explain I have over 50 children to keep me company (and sing songs at 7:00 in the morning right outside my window). However, the kids are going back to school after their month break and so I am glad that I met Jack, a local. He’s a good listener and, wouldn’t you know it, understands my Canadian accent. He’s also good for a laugh. The other day someone came by when Jack and I were having a cup of coffee and asked me if I was going to eat him. Who knew cannibalism was common in Uganda! Anyways, Jack and I are discussing him coming back with me in August. I guess he has a cousin or something that lives in L.A.

5 Responses:

Unknown said...

jack looks a little green. maybe you should take him to the doctor.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your having a good time over there Shaun. Keep the updates rolling and that Jack fellow looks like he has an incredible poker face.

Anonymous said...

So your sayin' your lonely.

PS. Lost Season 4 Finale (quite nice)

The Dickies said...

Hey Shaun....I need more blog posts....i'm dying here!!!! Stories, pics....fill me in!!! How are you??? How are the kids?? Did you read them my email??? I'll have to write again...but tell them i think about them everyday and pray for them!!! Hope you're doing well...i'd email, but i don't have your address!! I'll get it from scott when he get's home!!! enjoy your time.....home is the same as always ....it's not africa!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work.